Working Tirelessly for the Rights and Protections of our Members
Leading the way
Building and Maintaining
a Better City Together
Sena Local 9158 is a United Steel Workers local union. Sena represents public employees in Massachusetts. Our members do some of the most important jobs in the City of Boston every day to keep the City thriving and moving forward.
Below are just some of the important jobs our members take pride in doing. Click the link below to learn more about our union and it’s members.
Emergency Medical Services
Sena 9158 Member News
The “Freedom” Foundation admits they’re putting public workers at risk / Please watch attached videos
- 2023 City of Boston Opt-Out ProgramIf you choose to receive coverage under another medical plan outside of the City of Boston’s group coverage, you may waive the City of Boston plan and receive an annual Opt-Out payment through your paycheck. The Annual Enrollment period for the Opt-Out Program will remain open until Friday, June 23rd. This process will include submitting a personalized Google form and … read more …
- Letter from the USW International on the Freedom Foundation
- MedicaidCreated in 1965, Medicaid is a public insurance program that provides health coverage to low-income families and individuals, including children, parents, pregnant women, seniors, and people with disabilities. It is funded jointly by the federal government and the states, and each state operates its own Medicaid program within federal guidelines. As a result, Medicaid eligibility … read more …
- Warning: Do Not Be Fooled. This Notice is Not from the Union.Warning this is not from the union. It is from an anti Union organization. Just discard! Neither SENA or the USW send these surveys out. The Freedom Foundation is an anti union organization whose sole purpose is to undermine unions. This is a scam, trying to break the union . You should rip them up … read more …
- June Membership Meeting PostponedJune 13TH Meeting has been moved to June 20th. There are no meetings in July and August. All meetings going forward after the summer break will be on there regular second Tuesday of the months starting in September.
- New Discount Available to SENA MembersJohn E. Zuccaro III, son of former SENA president John Zuccaro, opens law firm offering discounts and special rates for SENA 9158 members, retirees, and families on wills, trusts, estate planning, and real estate transactions.
- BPHC Contract PassesCongratulation to our Brothers and Sisters at the Boston Public Heath Commission The vote was held to ratify the contract on April 26th, 2023 The vote paassed in favor of the agreement. Click below to view agreements 1 Year agreement : View Here 3 year agreement: View Here
- Not on Our WatchNot on Our Watch.On January 19, 2023, the U.S. officially reached the country’s congressionally imposed borrowing limit. Congress must now – as it has done routinely in the past – act by this summer to prevent the United States from intentionally defaulting on its debts. As the urgency to address the debt ceiling approaches, a … read more …
- The Debt CeilingOver the last several weeks, you may have heard about our government’s ongoing negotiations regarding the debt ceiling. While news stories typically have flashy headlines and fiery quotes, oftentimes information about what the debt ceiling is and its real impact on average Americans is left out. Read on to learn what the debt ceiling is, … read more …
Steelworkers are men and women of every ethnic background from cities and towns in every region of our countries,
United Steel Workers
USW democracy begins at home, in more than 1,800 local unions throughout Canada, the United States and the Caribbean. Membership is open to all without discrimination.
United Steel Workers News
- Pedro Arturo Medina Andrade has only been a member of Local 12886 for about a year. In that short time, though, the USW difference has […]
- The USW joined steel industry executives at a June 7 hearing to urge members of the Congressional Steel Caucus to keep fighting for a level […]
- SOAR Activists to Converge on Washington, D.C. After a three-year hiatus due to the COVID pandemic, SOAR activists are ready to return to Washington, D.C., […]
- The 35 homecare and hospice workers at Fairview Range Medical Center in Hibbing, Minn., voted to join the USW last Thurs., May 25. The group […]
- The Women of Steel (WOS) group from USW Local 550 in Paducah, Ky., is making strides to support the tight-knit Western Kentucky community while promoting […]
- Workers at the Idaho National Laboratory (INL) hit two major project milestones this spring. In March, workers at the Idaho National Laboratory (INL) transferred the […]
Leading the way
A voice when
workers need a voice.
A safe, healthy working environment is a right not a privilege.